Having the right tools can make all the difference when exploring the surroundings of Baldur’s Gate.
One such tool is the Everburn Blade, a formidable two-handed melee weapon that can be a game-changer in the early stages of your adventure, especially in the hands of a fighter.
In this guide, we’ll delve into where to find the Everburn Blade, what makes it so good, and why you should consider adding the best early game sword in Baldur’s Gate 3 to your arsenal.
Where to Find The Everburn Blade
The Everburn Blade isn’t just any sword you stumble upon; you’ll need to take a few calculated steps to secure it.
This powerful weapon can be found during the prologue in the Nautiloid ship, but it’s not just lying around for anyone to pick up.
Instead, it’s wielded by Commander Zhalk, who’s engaged in a heated battle with a Mindflayer.
To acquire the Everburn Blade, follow these steps:
- Don’t Rush: Despite the urgency of the situation, take a moment to assess your surroundings. There’s no need to rush to the ship’s controls just yet.
- Sneak Around: Send one of your party members to the front of the room and have them wait by the control panel.
- Engage the Commander: With your other characters, attack Commander Zhalk as he battles the Mindflayer. You have a limited number of turns before the ship crashes, so make them count. You might be able to remove the weapon from Zhalk’s hand with a disarm attack or a command spell.
- Quick Save: Zhalk is too powerful and your spells will most likely fail. Save and reaload as many times as you need. I know if might feel cheap but, if you want that sword, this is the way.
- Claim the Blade: Once Commander Zhalk falls, grab the Everburn Blade and transfer it to your character’s inventory if needed.
- Trigger the Teleport: Finally, trigger the teleport and escape the Nautiloid with your newfound prize.
What Makes the Everburn Blade So Good
The Everburn Blade isn’t your run-of-the-mill sword; it’s a game-changer for several reasons:
- Impressive Damage: This weapon deals 2D6 slashing damage along with an additional 1D4 fire damage. The fiery touch adds a considerable punch to your attacks, making it highly effective in dispatching foes.
- Unique Abilities: Holding the Everburn Blade grants the wielder special actions, including Cleave, Lacerate, and Pommel Strike Bonus Action. These abilities can give you a tactical edge in combat, allowing for versatile and devastating attacks.
- Early Game Dominance: Unlike many other weapons you’ll encounter early on, the Everburn Blade doesn’t require special conditions or challenges to access. It’s a powerful option right from the start, helping you overcome the initial hurdles of Baldur’s Gate 3 with ease.
|Uncommon Martial Two-Handed Sword
|2D6 Slashing + 1D4 Fire
|Greatsword Proficiency or Martial Weapon Proficiency
|Cleave Action, Lacerate Action, Pommel Strike Bonus Action
In the chaotic and perilous world of Baldur’s Gate 3, having a reliable and potent weapon is essential for your survival.
The Everburn Blade, with its exceptional damage output and unique abilities, stands out as one of the best early game swords you can get your hands on.
It will hold up just fine until you finally have a chance to get better great swords; such as the ones carried by gith soldiers.
By following the steps to obtain it during the prologue, you can set yourself up for a smoother journey through the challenges that lie ahead.
So, don’t be in a rush to flee the Nautiloid ship; take a moment to secure this fantastic weapon.
With the Everburn Blade by your side, you’ll be well-equipped to face the myriad dangers that await you in this epic adventure.