The Silver Sword of the Astral Plane is a sought-after greatsword known for its impressive stats and bonuses.
While players usually acquire it as a quest reward in Act Three, we’re here to unveil a daring strategy that grants you access to this overpowered weapon during Act One.
This extraordinary weapon’s stats make it an invaluable asset in the initial stages of your journey.
It’s the best sword to use early in Baldur’s Gate 3. Here’s how to get it.
Steal the Silver Sword from Kith’rak Voss
Two primary paths lead to obtaining the “Silver Sword of the Astral Plane”: the “Command Drop Method” and the “Fighter Disarm Method.”
You must do it the first time that Kith’rak Voss appears when Lae’zel finally sees more githyankis besides herself or your character, in case you are playing a githyanki, too.
Let’s delve into these methods and explore their unique advantages.
In both methods, you must get close enough to Kirth’rak Voss without being noticed.
Becoming invisible might be your best bet since getting close to the githyanki knights usually triggers a cutscene that starts a fight as soon as it ends.
At that point, Voss will have left, and you will have lost your window of opportunity to get the sword early.
Command Drop Method
By harnessing the power of the “Command” spell, available to characters like Shadow Heart and hireling clerics, you can attempt to persuade Kith’rak Voss to relinquish the sword.
If your cleric doesn’t seem to have the Command spell, try preparing it before meeting Kith’rak Voss.
Keep in mind that the Silver Sword’s psychic resistance might affect the success rate of this method.
Fighter Disarm Method
For those willing to take a risk, the “Fighter Disarm Method” is an intriguing option. This approach involves deploying a level three fighter with the “Disarm Weapon” feat.
This skill significantly boosts the chances of disarming enemies, compelling Kithrak Voss to surrender the coveted sword.
Unlike the “Command Drop Method,” this route boasts a higher probability of success, making it the preferred choice for players aiming to acquire the silver sword early.
How to Improve Your Chances
Successful execution of this strategy hinges on careful planning. Invisibility potions are invaluable for stealthy approaches and strategic positioning.
When implementing the “Fighter Disarm Method,” strategically dividing your party can significantly improve your chances.
As challenges arise, readiness to revive fallen allies and adapt to evolving battle conditions is crucial.
The Silver Sword of the Astral Plane
The Silver Sword of the Astral Plane is a legendary greatsword of immense power, boasting both formidable physical damage and a unique psychic aspect.
This two-handed astral sword is known for its exceptional capabilities in battle, making it a sought-after weapon among adventurers. Let’s delve into the details of this extraordinary blade:
- Damage: The Silver Sword of the Astral Plane deals a base slashing damage of 2D6+3.
- Githborne Psionic Weapon: When wielded by a githyanki, a race known for their psionic prowess, the Silver Sword of the Astral Plane gains an extra edge. It inflicts an additional 1D6 Psychic Damage, harnessing the githyanki’s innate connection to the astral realm.
- Githborn Psionic Resistance: For a githyanki who holds this weapon, not only is their offense enhanced, but their defense as well. They gain advantage on Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma Saving Throws, become resistant to Psychic Damage, and are immune to being charmed.
- Weapon Enchantment +3: The Silver Sword’s innate enchantment grants it a bonus of +3, which is why its based damage is 2D6+3 instead of 2D6. This bonus is also added to your attack rolls, increasing your hit chance by 15%.
In addition to its impressive bonuses, the Silver Sword of the Astral Plane offers several specialized combat actions:
- Cleave: This action allows the wielder to make a sweeping strike that can hit multiple enemies within a certain range. It’s a perfect choice when facing hordes of opponents or when crowd control is essential.
- Lacerate: The lacerate action enables the wielder to deliver a precise and devastating strike, focusing on causing deep wounds that bleed over time. It’s particularly effective against tougher adversaries.
- Pommel Strike: The pommel strike is a versatile action that utilizes the hilt of the sword as a blunt force weapon. It can be used to disrupt opponents, leaving them momentarily dazed and vulnerable.
- Soulbreaker: One of the most remarkable attributes of the Silver Sword is its ability to rend both the body and soul of its enemies. This fearsome capability might even lead to stunning the opponent, leaving them vulnerable to follow-up attacks.
The Silver Sword of the Astral Plane stands as a testament to its wielder’s strength and skill.
Its unique abilities make it a prize worth pursuing, and those fortunate enough to wield it shall harness its formidable power to shape their destiny in the realms of the Astral Plane.
How to Receive the Githyanki Bonuses
The easy answer is to give the sword to Lae’zel or play a githyanki yourself. However, you might have a fighter and want him to use the silver blade.
If that is the case, you can use illusion magic to transform into a githyanki.
This method grants you access to the unique racial bonuses from the Silver Sword of the Astral Plane.
However, you might have to re-equip the sword every time you cast the illusion spell for that end to ensure the bonus is fully effective.
For optimal results, attempting this strategy around level four is advised. At this point, having the Alert feat provides an initiative boost that increases your likelihood of success.
While this strategy can be attempted at lower levels, being level four or higher significantly enhances your chances of victory.
Once you secure the sword, consider utilizing a Misty Steps scroll to teleport to safety. Following this, use the Dash action to swiftly exit combat, safeguarding your hard-earned triumph.
Prepare for multiple attempts and consider employing save scumming to ensure your success. If Kithrak Voss teleports or doesn’t drop the weapon, reloading a previous save becomes essential to ensure you will get the sword.
Baldur’s Gate 3 thrives on adventure and the allure of the unknown. Obtaining the Silver Sword of the Astral Plane early embodies the game’s spirit of creative gameplay.
However, it also demands some exploitative tactics to make it work.
I’m sure the developers knew things like that would happen, but it is way more fun not to abuse the quick save and quick load features during your first playthrough.
Remember, this journey isn’t solely about acquiring a weapon and easily slashing through your enemies; it’s about embracing the unexpected and crafting your own narrative.