The Best Edit Peaks in Fortnite (& How to Pull Them Off)
Since taking the gaming world by storm in July of 2017, Fortnite has quickly become one of the most popular shooter games on the market. With the introduction of creative mode, players were able to practice their editing and shooting as well as playing against other players in a safe environment.
Undoubtedly, this was a great addition to the game by Epic Games, however, with time, players found a range of edit combinations that can essentially be the key to outplaying a casual player that doesn’t know the ‘secret’, resulting in their elimination from the battle royale. This ultimately created a platform for a huge increase in the skill-gap between regular and professional players.
In fact, the gap was increased so much that with the help of building and editing, a pro player can easily take on 5 or 10 casual players at once.
So, in this blog post, we explore the best edit peaks that professional players use to give you a huge competitive advantage over your opponents during your next battle royale game.
What Are Edit Peaks?
Edit peaking is essentially when Player 1 uses their build edit and position within the game to gain a visual advantage over Player 2. In Fortnite, if they choose to – and if executed correctly – Player 1 can deal ‘free’ damage to Player 2 without Player 2 being able to trade fire.
What Are the Most Popular Edit Peaks?
While there are plenty of edits within Fortnite that can give you an advantage of your opponent, in this blog, we will discuss the most popular three edit peaks; the cone, corner, and window edit peak and show you exactly how to execute it.
1) The Cone Edit Right-Hand Peak
The cone edit right-hand peak is one of Fortnite’s more advanced peaks since it must be executed with great precision in order to provide you with a competitive advantage over your opponent.
Tips on using the cone edit peak:
- Make sure that you are high enough on the cone like in the picture above, otherwise, the opponent will be able to easily see part of your body and have the ability to shoot you.
- Since this is a slightly more advanced edit peak, you must do it quickly and catch the opponent off guard before they sense what you are trying to do and quickly place a ramp in their box to protect themselves from your bullets.
How to Execute the Cone Right-Hand Peak Successfully
In order to execute this tactic properly, place a cone just outside of your opponents’ build and edit the top left square of the cone build. This will levitate the top left corner upwards towards your oponent, giving you the right hand peak advantage.
Important: This tactic only works when editing the top left square of the cone as if you do the right side, you will lose the right-hand peak advantage and will actually give the opportunity to your opponent to deal damage without you being able to have a clear visual sight of them.
2) The Corner Edit Right-Hand Peak
The corner edit is the second most popular right-hand peak strategy on Fortnite. This is one of the edits where you are in-directly at an advantage, meaning that neither you nor your opponent can deal damage through this edit. However, should you decide to jump-shoot (shoot at your opponent while in the air), you will have very little time advantage to deal damage and reset the edit before your opponent can shoot you back thanks to the right-hand peak advantage.
This strategy works wonders against beginner players, however, if you face a more advanced competitor, in order for this to work, you must do it significantly faster and catch them off guard.
Tips on using the cone edit peak:
- When executing this right-hand peak, it is essential that you jump and shoot just at the right time before resetting the edit as you fall back down.
- Since this is a very time-sensitive edit, be careful of shooting too early as then, you will hit the wall in front of you, dealing 0 damage to your opponent while leaving them the opportunity to deal damage back to you.
How to Execute the Corner Right-Hand Peak Successfully
In order to execute this edit correctly, make sure that you are on the opposite side of the corner that you are going to edit. This way, you will be able to successfully prepare to deal damage without risk from your opponent shooting you while you set it up.
Important: Don’t make this play if you are in the middle or to the left of the corner that you are trying to edit as that will give the right-hand peak advantage to your opponent.
3) The Window Edit Right-Hand Peak
Lastly, by far the most popular right-hand peak edit amongst players on Fortnite is the window edit right-hand peak. Why is it so popular? Because of its simplicity in execution, and huge effectiveness against opponents.
Tips on using the window edit peak:
- When executing this right-hand peak, be sure to be on the same height as your opponent as that will give you the ultimate advantage.
- Upon making the edit, make sure that you are to the left of the window as if you are to the right or in the middle of the window edit, you will lose the advantage and your opponent is likely to deal damage to you.
- Lastly, once the edit opens, quickly move to the side, shoot at your opponent, and close the edit. This will significantly reduce the chance of your opponent trading back damage.
How to Execute the Window Right-Hand Peak Successfully
In order to execute this strategy properly, make sure that you are on the left side of the window that you are planning on editing. This way, you will be able to deal damage to your opponent without them being able to trade back.
Important: Don’t make this play if you are in the middle or to the left of the window that you are trying to edit as that will give the right-hand peak advantage to your opponent.
Regardless of which edit peak you decide to use in your next battle royale game, the most important thing to remember is that speed and timing of execution plays the biggest role in whether or not your attempt to outplay your opponent will work.