Frequently changing weapons is not everyone’s idea of fun. However, it is a very common thing in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Do you dislike weapon durability? Would you like to keep the same weapon forever?
I can’t provide that, but we might have the next best thing. There’s a trick that will allow you to at least double the amount of time you can use certain weapons.
This is how to duplicate weapons in Tears of the Kingdom.
This is a trick with many steps. To start, you must have a weapon that is more powerful than anything else you have.
The item must be one that you are picking up from the floor for the first time.
- Find a weapon that is stronger than any other weapon you have.
- Make sure that you have room to pick up the new item.
- Make sure the item is new to you. It should show its name as ‘????’ when you are ready to pick it up if it’s new.
- Make sure that you don’t have any item of the same category equipped (for instance, no shield equipped if you are picking up a shield).
- Pick up the powerful item for the first time.
- Press the ‘+’ button to inspect the item.
- Press the ‘Y’ button to sort the items by strength and ensure that the new item is the strongest.
- Equip an item that you don’t care about (for instance, if you picked up a sword, equip your weakest sword).
- Exit the inventory menu (the item you just equipped will become the item you just picked up).
- Pick up the duplicated item.
It might sound complicated with so many steps, but it’s actually quite simple.
Unequip all weapons and pick up the new item. Then, open the inventory, make the new item is your strongest one you have, and then equip your weakest item. Leave the menu, drop the item, and pick it up again.
What to Do Next
This trick helps, but it won’t solve the durability issue of the items. This is a core feature in TOTK.
It might be a good idea to learn how to make your own weapons. There are many weird possible combinations that can make interesting weapons in this game.
If you haven’t tried making a fire-spitting boomerang yet, you should give it a try. It’s a lot of fun.
Breath of Fire was great, but the Tears of the Kingdom has so much more. The developers clearly took what the previous game had and delivered an even better game.