A baby Pokémon that has been highly sought after since its first appearance, Togepi makes an appearance in the Hisuian region, and it can be quite annoying to catch.
Once a Normal-type Pokémon, now a Fairy-type, this Pokémon is often depicted as charismatic and friendly, which may cause you to think that’ll be the case in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. It is not.
Although it looks cute, a wild Togepi will try to end you if it gets annoyed.
When you’re catching Pokémon in Legends: Arceus, one of your biggest challenges will be catching Togepi. This little creature is elusive, powerful, and rare. However, the game does provide enough for you to ensure that Togepi will eventually become yours.
As with many other rare Pokémon in the franchise, there are specific steps that you must take in order to increase your chances of catching the rare Pokémon, and Togepi is no exception!
This guide will show you exactly how to catch Togepi in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
Where to Find Togepi
You can find Togepi near some bushes in Bather’s Lagoon. It is located right at the beginning of the arm-shaped piece of land in Cobalt Coastlands, to the south of the first camp in that area.
In order to get there, you can just ride your way past Aipom Hill and Hideaway Bay. You should see some Staravia flying around.
Once you reach that area, you should find some tall grass past the many Staravia flying around. In between the grass and a hill, you might see up to two Togepi just chilling.
How to Catch Togepi
Although this Pokémon is small and cute, it is very tricky to catch. You need the right Poké Ball for the task and the best item.
Many different strategies can ensure that Togepi will not break your Pokéball and attack you, so you might want to check our Poké Ball guide and Berry guide if you’re going to come up with your own.
The one that worked for me is pretty simple, but it does require you to rank up fast so you can have access to Ultra Balls.
- Defeat or Capture all the Stavaria that you see in that area. They might fly close to you and start attacking you, making Togepi notice you and become hostile.
- Once the area is clear, crouch and approach Togepi from the tall grass. It is better to crouch from afar all the way to the tall grass to make sure you won’t be noticed. Get as close to Togepi as you can, but make sure to stay hidden. You can also use a smoke bomb to position yourself better.
- Once you are close enough, throw berries to make Togepi get close to you. Take your time, and don’t aim too close to it. If you hit the Pokémon with a berry, it’ll instantly start attacking you. On top of that, feeding it five times will complete one of the tasks in the Pokédex. If you can’t throw a berry close enough to make Togepi walk towards you, use some smoke bombs to get closer.
- Make sure that Togepi is not looking at you cause you want to hit it with a Poké Ball on its back. I usually throw a berry right behind the Pokémon when it is within the desired range. That way, I have some precious seconds to get close and hit it while it’s eating. The last berry you feed to Togepi should be a Razz Berry. That way, you also increase your chances of getting it when you throw your Poké Ball.
- Time to catch Togepi. If it has eaten a Razz Berry and you’re right behind it, throw an Ultra Ball on its back, and there is a very high chance of Togepi staying within your Ultra Ball.
Togepi is tiny and adorable, but it can be vicious. Once it notices you, it will throw powerful attacks at you.
Unlike other aggressive creatures in Pokémons Legends: Arceus, Togepi will keep its guard up if you try to fight it and will run away when it has the chance to do so. This is why this Pokémon is so annoying to catch. It quickly turns hostile but behaves like a wild Starly in battle.
Thankfully, there are items and methods to make the entire process much more manageable. It can be way too easy with the right combination of berries and Poké Balls. So if you really want a Togepi, you can try fighting it, hitting its back with a Leaden Ball, or making it eat a Razz Berry. However, if you want to make sure that a Togepi will be yours, following our guide step by step is your best shot.