How to Find Fae Iron in New World
From common ores to the rarest of gems, tons of desirable resources are just waiting to be mined in New World – one of these is Fae Iron. Some would say that finding Fae Iron can be one of the more frustrating things in New World.
This is true if you do not know the facts in how to find Fae Iron in New World yet. There are a few requirements you should know before trying to farm Fae Iron in the best farming spots.
It is a Tier II mining resource found in iron veins to those who have yet to search for Fae Iron. You can iron veins all across the lower half of the map, mainly in the regions of Everfall, Monarch’s Bluffs, Windsward, and First Light.
Although hard to acquire, you can still make the farm for Fae Iron easier, and we’re here to make that happen. This guide will help you find the most efficient way to better your chances of finding Fae Iron and serve as a checklist for other higher mining resources.
What Are The Chances of Finding Fae Iron?
One drop of Fae Iron is estimated to be 0.001%, with a luck stat of 1450.
The chances of finding Fae Iron can surprise even the most seasoned of players. Although not impossible to get, you’ll still need the right equipment and items to counter the Fae Iron’s very low drop rate. These items can increase not only better your chances of mining Fae Iron but also increase the amount received per mine.
How to Increase Your Chances of Mining Fae Iron
Aside from the basics such as having the right pickaxe, the right luck-based perks on your equipment, and having a high-level mining skill, you’ll need to work on other areas to make your Fae Iron farming as easy as possible. We’ve listed below other factors, as well as tips that will help lessen the time while increasing your yield on your search for Fae Iron.
Invest in your Strength attribute
Investing in your strength attribute can give you better chances of acquiring Fae Iron. Below are the mining bonuses you’ll receive once you reach the required points.
- 50 points – +10% mining speed
- 100 points – +20 encumbrance
- 150 points – -10% in weight of mined items
- 200 points – +10% mining speed
- 250 points – +10% yield when mining
- 300 points – 25% chance to mine ore with a single swing
If you’re below level 20 and decide on changing what stat you want to focus on, you can respec your character for free.
Eat Luck-increasing Food
If you’re a player who enjoys the game’s cooking system and have been leveling your cooking skill, you should have access to cooking foods that will buff up your luck stat when mining. The following dishes give you luck stat boosts:
- Roasted Potatoes – Increases mining luck stat by 1000 points for 20 minutes.
- Herb-roasted Potatoes – Increases mining luck stat by 1250 points for 25 minutes.
- Boiled Potatoes – Increases mining luck stat by 1500 points for 30 minutes.
- Poultry with Roasted Potatoes – Increases mining luck stat by 1750 points for 35 minutes.
- Salted Roasted Potatoes – Increases mining luck stat by 2000 points for 40 minutes.
Drinking Mining Potion
Increasing your arcana skill will also play a part in increasing your chances of finding Fae Iron. You can craft potions to increase the percentage of mining resources for a specific duration. These yield-increasing potions can be crafted as soon as you reach an arcana skill level of level 5. We’ve listed down a list of craftable potions that will give you the buff below:
- Weak Proficiency Booster – Craftable at arcana level 5. Increases your resource yield by 5% for 10 minutes.
- Common Proficiency Booster – Craftable at arcana level 20. Increases your resource yield by 7% for 15 minutes.
- Strong Proficiency Booster – Craftable at arcana level 40. Increases your resource yield by 9% for 20 minutes.
- Powerful Proficency Booster – Craftable at arcana level 60. Increases your resource yield by 15% for 30 minutes.
Crafting Mining Trophies
Owning a house can give you access to passive buffs in the form of trophies. You can craft these trophies by hitting specific levels in your furnishing skill. You can craft the following trophies to increase your luck in mining:
- Minor Mining Gathering Trophy – Increases your luck in mining by 500.
- Basic Mining Gathering Trophy – Increases your luck in mining by 1000.
- Major Mining Gathering Trophy – Increases your luck in mining by 1500.
Note that you can only own a house once you have a level 10 standing in a territory you’d want to live in.